Mini conversation about American Names

print this page
send email
Mini conversation between Tom and Ali about American Names . It Explain the the simply of Americn Names, and the Form of it . so let's start learn and study the following dialog.

conversation

Tom : I'm confused by American names.
Ali    : well, they 're really very simple. The first two names re given to the child by the parents.


Tom : You mean that the first two names are chosen by the parents ?
Ali    : That's right. And the last name is the same as the father's last name.


Tom : Is the mother's last name diffrent ?
Ali    : No, a woman's last name is changed to her husband's name when she's married .


Tom : Isn't an american boy usually given the same first name as his father ?
Ali    : Sometimes, but not always. Sometimes he is named for someone else. or he may be called a name                 that his parents just happen to like .


Tom : Were you named for somebody ?
Ali    : Well, yes. My grandfather was named John, and I was named John for him.
          my middle name is robesrt. I think my parents decided on Robert just becouse they liked it.


Tom : How is that name spelled ?
Ali    : R-O-B-E-R-T . It's not spelled very often by me, though. I men, I'm not called Robert, and just sign
          my name John R. Powell.


Tom : Are you ever called Johnny ?
Ali    : I was clled Johnny when I was a little boy. I don't like to be called Johnny now , though.

Tom : I 'll remember that. thanks for answering all my Questions !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...